A practice assessment allows the team to identify a starting point from which to evolve throughout the transformation.
Medical home transformation involves changes in practice policies, procedures, and overall practice culture. In order to achieve these changes, a medical home improvement team should be established and must first assess existing practices, work flow, clinic structure, processes and procedures.
A practice assessment can help a medical home improvement team to:
- Identify existing medical home policies and procedures
- Identify policies and procedures which can be improved
- Identify policies and procedures which can be modified or eliminated
- Identify new policies and procedures which can be implemented
- Measure transformation progress over time